Part-Time Dog Walker and Pet Care Specialist
Katherine's K9s is seeking a part-time dog walker/pet care specialist to join our team. We are located on the east side of Cleveland servicing families who have dogs, cats and other small pets in Shaker Heights and surrounding cities. We provide daily dog walks as well as occasional visits, walks and vacation care for a variety of pets 365 days a year. Katherine's K9s business hours are 7am-10 p.m. daily and we are currently hiring part-time staff for morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Starting hours are between 10 and 15 hours a week for part-time staff, and 5-10 hours per week for substitute walkers. In addition to weekly hours, our employees participate in Meet and Greets with new clients prior to starting service.
The dog walker/pet care specialist must be knowledgeable about positive reinforcement dog training methods. Candidates should be well-versed in canine and feline diets, in common ailments and illnesses and in administering medicine. A reliable car and clean driving record is also required (no moving violations in the last 5 years). He or she will be expected to walk dogs (up to 10 miles/day) in pleasant and inclement weather and provide top-notch care for dogs, cats and other small animals in the client's home. Our clients expect a full report including pictures at the end of every job, so this candidate will need a reliable cell phone with a data plan. Applicants must be over the age of 18.
2+ to 5 years of experience:
High school degree
Pet Sitting, Pet Walking, Daily Feeding, Administration of Medicine, Pet Transportation
Ideal Candidates are:
- Good communicators
- Knowledgeable about animals
- Proficient with cloud-based systems and apps, both on cell phones and computers
- Able to walk up to 10 miles per day
- Able to communicate with clients following company standards
- Able to work in inclement weather
- Willing to learn and implement company standards for pet care and client interaction
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
Operations Manager and Pet Care Shift Worker
The right candidate for this position has the unique ability to move between direct care of pets and managing our dynamic staff. In this role the manager will create the staff schedule and will work in the field caring for dogs, cats and other pets as per his/her schedule. While working in the field the manager will monitor the company schedule, respond to client questions and support staff as they work. The manager will have control over his or her schedule, but is ultimately responsible for ensuring every service is completed each week. The company hours are 7am-10pm. Our manager is expected to be on-call (remotely) when service is being completed. The manager and owner will work together to ensure the manager has at least one day off per week.
This job is listed as part-time or full-time. The management portion of the role is approximately 15 hours per week. The right candidate can work in the field 20 or more hours per week, making the position either part-time or full-time, which will be determined at hiring.
Managerial duties include, but are not limited to: creating weekly staff schedule, managing time off, evaluating staff members, interviewing and hiring new pet care specialists, communicating with clients, scheduling and attending meet and greets, working side-by-side with management staff to reach company goals.
- Deep Understanding of Canine and Feline behavior, and ability to teach others about animal behavior
- Management experience: 2 years preferred
- Technology Competencies in: Google for Business, Time to Pet (or willing to learn), Excel spreadsheets
- Must be able to work up to 6 days per week, a minimum of 20 hours in the field and 15 hours in a management role (more than half of this is remote work).
- Must be: personable, kind, compassionate, quick on his/her feet, a problem-solver, patient, and have a positive outlook.
Please note: This position can also be filled by a nationally certified positive reinforcement dog trainer looking for an existing clientele with management experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- One location
Hours per week: